School meals are cooked fresh on site each day and include breakfast, a mid morning snack and hot meals.
Lunch menus run on a 3 week cycle, each day includes a hot meat and vegetarian option, Jacket potatoes and deli bar. Please see the menus below.
If your child has any food allergies please speak to the office staff who will provide you with an allergen menu.
Children may bring a packed lunch. Lunches should be packed in a named plastic container and should not contain nuts or products that contain nuts, fizzy drinks or sweets.
Eating together is an important part of the school day. We are lucky in having excellent meals cooked by a caring and hardworking staff. It is extremely helpful to us if the children come to school able to handle cutlery correctly. We also stress the importance of good manners, so that lunchtime is pleasant and relaxing for both children and staff.
Apply for free school meals
Your child will get free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit but no element of Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenues & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- If you are supported under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after your employment finishes or after you start to work less hours per week
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400 (£616.67 per month), as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods).
To check if your child is eligible, apply online by going to the below website for an immediate response or call 01473 260989.
All of our children are provided with a piece of fruit every day at mid - morning.
Even though all children are entitled to receive a free school meal daily. It is still very important to apply if you are eligible. The Government provides the school with funding that will really support your child with their learning. The School receive extra money which will go towards supporting your child and we are offering a uniform package as an incentive to sign up.
Free School Meals are available to those children whose parents fulfil the criteria set out above.
The School receive extra money which will go towards supporting your child and we are offering a uniform package as an incentive to sign up.
Cheques made payable to Causton Junior School are accepted, along with cash for school dinners.
Money is collected on a Monday morning and should be sent into school in a named, sealed envelope.
School Tuck Shop
The Tuck shop is open during morning playtime in the dining room. The children are given the opportunity to buy a drink or snack. Children can bring their own tuck, but we do not allow sweets (including chewing gum) in school.
It is important that we educate the children to eat healthy food and keep to a balanced diet as part of our commitment to keeping your children healthy.